Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Month Goes By

A month goes by so quickly.  I just realized it's been that long since I updated my blog.  It's not been because I haven't done anything artful or SimplyJoyful.  I've been more then busy with such things. 

I joined in this month on a mini-book swap with Crafting Ireland with the only request that I be teamed with a partner outside of the USA.  I was fortunate to be partner with Felicia Thomas who lives in County Kerry, Ireland and is on the Crafting Ireland design team.  I've already received her (now mine) beautiful book in the mail.  It is wonderfully made with a lovely "vintage" feel which was designated as the theme.  The colors, embellishments, and craftsmanship is inspiring.  You can see and hear about the book at: http://scrapzville.blogspot.com/2012/06/karens-vintage-mini.html#comment-form   Check out Felicia's other artwork while you're visiting her site.  There is something soul-satisfying about sharing art across the grand spanse of the world.  I'm on deadline and need to get my book mailed to her on Monday. She sent me a tease before she mailed me mine,  so I shall do the same. 
photo.JPG
 
This darling girl caught my heart.  I've named her Matilda (Tillie) Flynn and celebrated her vintage life. 

I've other things to share, but will hold off for a couple of days.  I started a weaving project at our RunningWithScissors group here locally and will post some photos of that in progress.  I'm in the middle of several painting projects.  No, not watercolor.   I'm making some room upstairs for my "art junk" so have been busy painting bedrooms and the bathroom.  I'll post a photo of my art space when I get it all put together.  So much to do, so little time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased you liked it - i'm looking forward to the art space photos!!

    ReplyDelete