Friday, April 27, 2012

An Artful Life

I haven't had much time for art this week.  At least that's what I thought until I considered all that I experienced.  Perhaps the greatest of all, holding my warm and chunky newborn grandson.  What a creation, indeed.  Can anyone deny the master artistry of life?  What a miracle and a blessing.  A reminder of all that is everlasting. 

I  dabbled a little with an art project in between watching grandchildren, admiring the array of colors they used on the coloring pages.  I dabbled a little with an art project in between arranging "just so" a tray of cheeses and fruit for an afternoon meeting.  I dabbled a little with an art project in between buying fresh-cut flowers and vases then arranging them to place at the family gathering at the funeral home for my brother-in-law.  There I wandered through a gallery of life put together by his children; photo collages that captured a lifetime of relationships, fun, celebrations.  I dabbled a little with an art project in between saving photos sent to me by an art friend,  pictures she took of my booth at the art show we did a month or so ago.  I dabbled a little with an art project in between hugs from my neice for the recipe box I made for her with vintage inspiration and family recipes placed on a repurposed old box, clearly homemade that I found at a thrift shop.

I've dabbled alot this week. I think there has been more art then I realized.  If we look at art as creating beyond paper and watercolors, we all live an artful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment